WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF YOU WERE
A DEAD RINGER FOR A DICTATOR?
If you were small-time grifter Walter Harsh, recovering in a hospital with a broken arm, you’d listen to a proposition that could net you a cool $50,000 for impersonating the South American strongman you resemble. You’d pay attention when the dictator’s sultry mistress started putting the moves on you. And in the dead of night, when no one was watching, you might just hatch a plot to get it all for yourself: the money, the girl, and the stash of stolen loot she’s conspiring to spirit out of the country...
Raves for Lester Dent...
- First publication ever!
- By the creator of legendary pulp hero "Doc Savage" and author of more than 180 novels
- Lester Dent appeared as a character in the 2006 bestseller THE CHINATOWN DEATH CLOUD PERIL
- Tim Lasiuta on HONEY IN HIS MOUTH: "A lost treasure...remarkable."
- "[Dent’s] stories were fantastic and showed a talent for invention that has not been surpassed by any other writer."
- — Frank Gruber, author of THE PULP JUNGLE
- "The grand Old Pulp Pro...[Dent’s work is] fast, skillful, and happily unhackneyed."
- — Anthony Boucher, The New York Times
- "The writers who hold their places in the lead of the adventure field are those who have taken the time to know their characters. One of the most thoroughgoing character builders in the pulp field is Lester Dent."
- — Writers Digest