WINNER OF THE EDGAR ALLAN POE AWARD
FOR BEST PAPERBACK NOVEL OF THE YEAR!|
Jake Danser has it all: a beautiful wife, a house in the California hills, a high-profile job as a forensic psychologist. But he’s also got a mistress. And when Jake’s mistress is found strangled to death with his necktie, it’s up to him to prove he didn’t do it. But how can he, when all the evidence says he did?
- NOMINATED FOR THE BARRY AWARD!
- A nightmarish tale of psychological suspense from the three-time Edgar Award-nominated author of THE LAST DAYS OF IL DUCE
- Publishers Weekly on THE CONFESSION: "[A] compelling and incredibly dark modern noir shocker...Danser is a fascinating narrator."
- George Pelecanos on THE CONFESSION: "A novel in the literary tradition of The Killer Inside Me, and every bit as powerful. Stansberry is an extraordinarily evocative writer."
- Eddie Muller on THE CONFESSION: "Genuine noir, worthy of Thompson or Hughes at their best."
- This Week on THE CONFESSION: "[A] tightrope-walk of a novel...THE CONFESSION is a consummate page-turner."
ALSO AVAILABLE IN AN AUDIOBOOK EDITION—CLICK HERE FOR A SAMPLEPraise for the work of Domenic Stansberry...
- "Fascinating, beautifully written...an enviable achievement."
- — San Francisco Chronicle
- "Stansberry does it with originality."
- — The New York Times
- "The real thing...Stansberry has done it again with this gut-wrenching tale."
- — Booklist
- "Written in the tradition of Graham Greene...disquietingly black and totally absorbing."
- — Los Angeles Times
- "A murky, moody slice of noir."
- — Kirkus Reviews