THE EDGAR AWARD FINALIST FOR BEST FIRST NOVEL—
NOW A MAJOR MOTION PICTURE!
Victor Gischler’s legendary first novel, originally published as GUN MONKEYS, tells the story of Charlie Swift, loyal Mob enforcer to a Central Florida crime boss, who goes ballistic when a rival gangster murders his crew, his boss goes missing, the FBI swarms the scene, and a cadre of killers come after him with everything they’ve got. No one’s quicker on the trigger than Charlie Swift—but is Charlie fast enough to get himself out alive...?
Now a major motion picture starring Pierce Brosnan, Morena Baccarin, and (in his final role) James Caan, FAST CHARLIE is a breathless, top-velocity tale of treachery, taxidermy, and family ties.
- First publication in 20 years!
- Tie-in to the new movie featuring two of the most iconic stars in Hollywood history
Raves for the Work of VICTOR GISCHLER...
- "Teems with enough violence to fill an entire shelf of crime thrillers."
- — St. Louis Post-Dispatch
- "Edgar-finalist Gischler offers tornado-paced shoot-’em-up action in this can’t-put-it-down thriller."
- — Publishers Weekly
- "Gischler is one of those authors who writes so smoothly that he makes it look easy. It isn’t, of course, except for the reader who gets to jump aboard his books for the exciting ride."
- — Rocky Mountain News
- "A damn fine book by a damn fine writer, and I want more."
- — Greg Rucka