JUST TWO GOOD OLD BOYS.
NEVER MEANING NO HARM.
It’s the summer of ’74...Richard Nixon has resigned from office, CB radios are the hot new thing, and in the great state of Texas two cousins hatch a plan to drive $1 million worth of stolen weed to Idaho, where some lunatic is gearing up to jump Snake River Canyon on a rocket-powered motorcycle. But with a vengeful sheriff on their tail and the revered and feared marijuana kingpin of Central Texas out to get his stash back, Chuck and Dean are in for the ride of their lives—if they can make it out alive...
Scott Von Doviak, longtime pop-culture journalist for The A.V. Club, Film Threat, The Hollywood Reporter, and the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, made a splash with his debut novel, CHARLESGATE CONFIDENTIAL, which Stephen King called "terrific" and "a fun machine...the white-knuckle kind." With LOWDOWN ROAD, he cements his reputation for pedal-to-the-metal storytelling that also makes you think about just who we are and where our darker roads might lead us.
- First publication anywhere!
- A love letter to the 1970s and the pop-culture touchstones of that era such as 8-track tapes, JAWS, and Evel Knievel
- Cover painting by renowned film illustrator Tony Stella
Acclaim for the Work of SCOTT VON DOVIAK...
- "Impressive...inventive...immensely enjoyable."
- — Wall Street Journal
- "A riveting tale...worthy of Dashiell Hammett in his prime."
- — Ernie Cline, author of READY PLAYER ONE
- "Highly entertaining."
- — Publishers Weekly
- "Breathtakingly clever...Scott Von Doviak [is] a storyteller of the first order."
- — Criminal Element