Al Colby should never have agreed to smuggle the package from Chile to Peru. Now one manís dead, two beautiful women have betrayed him, and a couple of gunmen are hot on his trail. All because of an ancient Quechua manuscript pointing to the hiding place of a priceless hoard of gold, lost for centuries. Now the race is on — by train, by plane, by motorboat and by mule — first to find the treasure and then to escape with it alive...
Raves for PLUNDER OF THE SUN...
- First publication in 45 years!
- From the bestselling author of TO CATCH A THIEF, which became the classic Hitchcock movie (now being remade by Paramount Pictures)
- "Vivid authenticity...a sort of buried-treasure legend for adults."
- — Anthony Boucher, The New York Times Book Review
- "Action, suspense and excitement...pure escape."
- — San Francisco Chronicle
- "Al Colby, Mr. Dodge's resourcefully drawn private detective, is fast becoming our leading expert on South American skullduggery...Good, solid stuff."
- — The New Yorker
- "A fast game of cross and double-cross."
- — New York Herald Tribune