FROM THE AWARD-WINNING AUTHORS OF BUST AND SLIDE
When last we saw Max Fisher and Angela Petrakos, Max was being arrested by the NYPD for drug trafficking and Angela was fleeing the country in the wake of a brutal murder. Now both are headed for eye-opening encounters with the law—Max in the cell blocks of Attica, Angela in a quaint little prison on the Greek island of Lesbos...
Acclaim for the work of Bruen and Starr...
- First publication ever!
- The Chicago Tribune writes, "THE MAX is sleazy, irreverent, offensive—and wildly entertaining."
- Booklist on THE MAX: "A pleasure of the guiltiest kind, like No Country for Old Men as directed by Mel Brooks."
- Two of the hottest authors in crime fiction today, Bruen and Starr have been nominated for or won almost every award in the field: the Edgar, the Shamus, the Barry, the Anthony, the Macavity, and more
- BUST and SLIDE both received rave reviews from Entertainment Weekly and other major publications
- "Two of the century’s best thriller writers have joined forces to bring a postmodern twist to the black heart of noir fiction."
- — Rocky Mountain News
- "You want to read a good, mean book? Grab this new paperback thriller."
- — Entertainment Weekly
- "Vulgar, demented, violent, twisted, amoral, and hilarious...some of the funniest dialogue this side of Elmore Leonard."
- — Otto Penzler, The New York Sun