TOMORROW, THE STRUGGLE WILL BE FOUGHT ON OUR STREETS
On a visit to Northern Ireland, newspaper reporter Sam Briscoe meets with a mysterious IRA leader and agrees to deliver an envelope to his supporters in New York City. It’s a decision with grave consequences—not just for Briscoe, but for his 11-year-old daughter as well. Because the bloody Irish conflict is about to come to the streets of New York, and Briscoe is the only man standing in its way...
Raves for the work of Pete Hamill...
- Book Reporter on THE GUNS OF HEAVEN: "Hamill proves again here why he is one of our greatest writers...The book contains some of Hamill’s most passionate and powerful writing. It is a joy to read."
- Author is a legendary, award-winning journalist who has been editor-in-chief of both the New York Daily News and the New York Post
- Famous as a chronicler of New York City, Hamill has also written for The New Yorker, The New York Times, New York magazine, and New York Newsday, as well as magazines such as Playboy, Vanity Fair, and Esquire
- Hamill’s best-selling books include the novels Snow In August, Flesh and Blood, and Forever as well as memoirs such as A Drinking Life and Downtown: My Manhattan
- "Hits a reader like a left hook."
- — Newsweek
- "Besides being one of America’s most famous journalists, Pete Hamill is one of our greatest living writers. He is a master."
- — Book Reporter
- "I couldn’t read it fast enough...[That’s] the reality of Peter Hamill’s brilliance."
- — The New York Times