"FRIEND, YOU’RE TALKING TO A GUY
WITH A PRICE ON HIS HEAD AND
THE POLICE AT HIS BACK..."
Compared to the $40 million the cops think he stole, seventy-five thousand dollars may not sound like much. But it’s all the money in the world to the struggling Cuban exiles of Miami who rescued Morgan the Raider. So when it’s snatched by a man the Cubans trusted, Morgan sets out to get it back. A simple favor—but as the bodies pile up...dead men and beautiful women...the Raider wonders what kind of Latin hell he's gotten himself into, and just who or what is the mysterious Consummata?
Begun by mystery master MICKEY SPILLANE in the late 1960s and completed four decades later by his buddy MAX ALLAN COLLINS (Road to Perdition), The Consummata is the long-awaited follow-up to Spillane’s bestseller The Delta Factor—a breathtaking tale of treachery, sensuality, and violence, showcasing two giants of crime fiction at their pulse-pounding, two-fisted best.
Raves for the authors of THE CONSUMMATA...
- First publication ever!
- Both Spillane and Collins are New York Times bestselling authors—at one point, 7 of the 10 bestselling novels of all time were Spillane titles
- Spillane gave the unfinished manuscript of The Consummata to Collins before his death and asked Collins to finish it
- Spillane is the creator of private eye Mike Hammer, whose exploits have sold more than 140 million copies and inspired numerous movies and TV series
- The Mystery Writers of America named Spillane a Grand Master, the organization’s highest honor
- Collins is the author of Road to Perdition, the acclaimed graphic novel that inspired the Academy Award-winning movie starring Paul Newman and Tom Hanks
- "Morgan might prove to be Spillane’s best creation...an all-out thriller!"
- — New York Times
- "Collins’ witty, hard-boiled prose would make Raymond Chandler proud."
- — Enetrtainment Weekly
- "Max Allan Collins is the closest thing we have to a 21st century Mickey Spillane."
- — This Week