A TRUE CRIME, RIPPED FROM THE HEADLINES—
AND HELLER’S ON THE CASE
Nathan Heller, star of MWA Grandmaster Max Allan Collins’ most acclaimed series of novels (more than 1 million copies sold!), comes to Hard Case Crime for the first time ever in an all-new thriller drawn from the pages of history. A millionaire’s son is kidnapped and private eye Heller is called in to help. But when half of the record $600,000 ransom goes missing, Heller must wade through a morass of deception and depravity to blow the lid off a notorious crime whose consequences reach into the corridors of power in Washington D.C., where Bobby Kennedy works tirelessly to take down crooked union boss Jimmy Hoffa...
- First publication anywhere!
- A meticulously researched true crime, solved 70 years later by "the master of true-crime fiction"
- The Nathan Heller novels have sold more than 1 million copies and have been nominated for the Shamus Award more than any other contemporary detective series
- Cover painting by renowned illustrator Paul Mann
Raves for Max Allan Collins and Nathan Heller...
- "The master of true-crime fiction."
- — Chicago Magazine
- "Collins’ witty, hard-boiled prose would make Raymond Chandler proud."
- — Entertainment Weekly
- "The Nate Heller historical crime novels consistently mesmerize with their carefully researched period detail—noir meets The History Channel."
- — Booklist
- "A unique private eye series with a believable, enduring hard-boiled hero."
- — Los Angeles Times
- "Nathan Heller is the perfect private eye."
- — New York Daily News