DEATH PROWLS THE STREETS
BETWEEN C & D
The death of legendary private eye George Rowell looked like an accident—but searching for the truth behind it will put down-and-out East Village detective Payton Sherwood on the corpse-littered trail of a runaway investment scam artist, a drug-addicted reality TV star—and the bewitching beauty whose appearance set it all in motion...
Raves for the Work of Russell Atwood...
- First publication ever!
- By the author of the cult favorite EAST OF A, and featuring the same detective, Payton Sherwood
- Author was formerly an editor at Ellery Queen’s Mystery Magazine and on the staff of the great New York mystery bookstore, The Black Orchid
- Booklist on LOSERS LIVE LONGER: "Entertaining...Atwood’s charming subversion of the genre is great fun."
- Publishers Weekly on LOSERS LIVE LONGER: "[A] modernized crime tale...of a PI who cares more about honor and truth than money."
- "[Atwood’s] place descriptions are clearly, even beautifully, focused, and his tawdry locales are inhabited by characters who are not only fascinating to study but also real enough to look back at you."
- — The New York Times
- "Impressive...Atwood takes the rusty private eye novel and oils it and gives it new charm and a fresh look."
- — Michael Connelly
- "Establishes a new category of suspense fiction: downtown noir. Atwood definitely has his finger on the pulse of the city that never sleeps."
- — Jeffery Deaver