"FORGIVE ME, FATHER,
FOR I HAVE RENTED."
What will a group of monks do when their century-old monastery in New York City is threatened with demolition to make room for a new high-rise? Anything they have to. "Though Shalt Not Steal" is only the first of the Commandments to be broken as the saintly face off against the unscrupulous over that most sacred of relics, a Park Avenue address.
Returning to bookstores for the first time in three decades, BROTHERS KEEPERS offers not only a master class in comedy from one of the most beloved mystery writers of all time but also a surprisingly heartfelt meditation on loss, temptation, and how we treat our fellow man.
Acclaim for DONALD E. WESTLAKE...
- First appearance in bookstores in 30 years!
- Donald E. Westlake is a multiple Edgar Award winner—and a nominee for the Academy Award!
- "One of the great writers of the 20th Century."
- — Newsweek
- "Westlake has a genius for comic strategy...a lunatic brilliance."
- — New York Times
- "If there is any funnier mystery novelist around, I can’t imagine who it would be."
- — USA Today