STAIRWAY TO HOMICIDE
In the shadowy stairwell of a New York City brownstone, a man stealthily begins to climb. In the pocket of his coat, a loaded revolver. At the top of the stairs, a woman he intends to kill. But who...?
This extraordinary novel by Rex Stout, the legendary creator of Nero Wolfe, is a psychological thriller like none you have ever read. As William Sidney climbs the stairs, you’ll dive deep into his troubled past, uncovering scandalous secrets and deceptions. And all the while, step by creeping step, he draws closer to a shocking act of violence...
Unpublished for more than 50 years, HOW LIKE A GOD is the earliest masterpiece by an author who would later be named a Grand Master by the Mystery Writers of America and become world famous for creating one of the most enduring and beloved characters in the mystery genre.
- First publication in half a century!
- Cover painting a posthumous collaboration between Ricky Mujica (creator of the art for the most recent INSIDIOUS film) and legendary paperback illustrator Robert Maguire
Acclaim for HOW LIKE A GOD...
- "A complete, clearly defined and well-balanced picture of a psychotic life...an undeniable success."
- — New York Times
- "Real and exciting...an unusual book."
- — Clifton Fadiman
- "A fascinating piece of work [by] a fluent master of his art."
- — New York Herald Tribune
- "Rex Stout’s debut novel prefigures Jim Thompson more than Nero Wolfe. You’ve never experienced anything quite like it."
- — Max Allan Collins