TWO OF THE GREATEST AUTHORS OF NOIR FICTION
IN AN UNFORGETTABLE COLLABORATION
An innocent woman lies dead in the street, felled by a stray bullet. Now it’s up to the woman who killed her to pick up the threads of her victim’s life, carrying out a mission of vengeance on her behalf against the man she loved and lost—and the nightclub-singing femme fatale who drove them apart.
Begun in the last years of his life by noir master Cornell Woolrich, the haunted genius responsible for such classics as Rear Window and The Bride Wore Black, and completed decades later by MWA Grand Master Lawrence Block, INTO THE NIGHT—available for the first time in more than 35 years, and for the first time ever in this special revised edition, featuring an all-new ending—is a posthumous collaboration that extends beyond the grave, echoing the book’s own story of the living taking on and completing the unfinished work of the dead.
- First publication in 35 years!
- All-new revised edition featuring the definitive, corrected text of the book and an ending that has never appeared anywhere before
- Cover painting by renowned film and book cover illustrator Gregory Manchess
Acclaim for CORNELL WOOLRICH and INTO THE NIGHT...
- "INTO THE NIGHT may well be the most important mystery novel of the year, a truly bravura performance by Woolrich and Block."
- — West Coast Review of Books
- "A potent distillation of Woolrich’s darkest obsessions...good unclean fun.."
- — Chicago Tribune
- "The supreme master of suspense."
- — New York Times