EDGAR AWARD FINALIST FOR
BEST PAPERBACK NOVEL OF THE YEAR!
QUARRY’S VIOLENT PAST
COMES LOOKING FOR HIM
At the very end of his bloody, clandestine career, the professional hitman known as Quarry—star of the Cinemax TV miniseries of the same name—receives a visit from a beautiful young woman who seems to have uncovered all his carefully hidden secrets. But what does she want? To expose him? To blackmail him? To get him to come out of retirement to kill someone for her? This brand new installment in Hard Case Crime’s longest-running series—the final installment in the chronology, taking place even after THE LAST QUARRY—will give readers a thrilling look at the last act of Quarry’s professional life.
- First publication anywhere!
- The final book in the Quarry chronology, bringing the 45-year saga right up to the present day
- Cover painting by renowned film and book cover illustrator Ron Lesser
The Critics Love Quarry...
- "Violent and volatile and packed with sexuality...classic pulp fiction."
- — USA Today
- "Collins’ witty, hard-boiled prose would make Raymond Chandler proud."
- — Entertainment Weekly
- "Crime fiction aficionados are in for a treat...a neo-pulp noir classic."
- — Chicago Tribune
- "As cool as an Eskimo Pie on a hot summer day and as sharp as a Ginsu knife."
- — Milwaukee Journal Sentinel