IT TAKES A THIEF
TO TAKE A THIEF
In the aftermath of a bloody heist, Nolan and Jon find themselves flying home to count their ill-gotten gains—but a skyjacker taking the same flight has other plans. Meanwhile, in Des Moines, someone is offing members of the Mob-connected DiPreta family and the Mob thinks maybe Nolan can make it stop. Maybe he can—for a six-figure fee.
Originally published as two separate novels (and unavailable in bookstores for 40 years!), DOUBLE DOWN finds Nolan and Jon pursuing the American dream in their inimitable criminal fashion. Flying high off his recent return after more than three decades in SKIM DEEP, Nolan is one of MWA Grand Master Max Allan Collins’ most unforgettable characters, and DOUBLE DOWN is Nolan at his hard-boiled, larcenous best.
- First appearance in bookstores in 40 years
- Two full-length novels, appearing in a single volume for the first time ever
- Original cover painting by Mark Eastbrook
Acclaim for the Work of MAX ALLAN COLLINS...
- "Violent and volatile and packed with sexuality...classic pulp fiction."
- — USA Today
- "Collins’ witty, hard-boiled prose would make Raymond Chandler proud."
- — Entertainment Weekly
- "Crime fiction aficionados are in for a treat...a neo-pulp noir classic."
- — Chicago Tribune
- "As cool as an Eskimo Pie on a hot summer day and as sharp as a Ginsu knife."
- — Milwaukee Journal Sentinel