THEY BACKED THE WORLD’S GREATEST GAMBLER
TO BRING DOWN AN HONEST MAN
Joe Martin ran the biggest independent casino on the Las Vegas strip—and the Syndicate wanted him out. So they brought in Bello, the most famous gambler in the world, to challenge Joe to a marathon craps game. The stakes: everything Joe owns...
NO HOUSE LIMIT offers a sizzling insider’s view of Las Vegas written by the Academy Award-nominated screenwriter of numerous classic noir films, including Raymond Chandler’s Lady in the Lake, Humphrey Bogart’s Dead Reckoning and Tokyo Joe, and the atypically dark final film in the Thin Man series.
- First publication in more than 45 years!
- Fisher wrote hundreds of movies and TV shows, including scripts based on the work of Dashiell Hammett, Raymond Chandler, and Cornell Woolrich
- Author of the pulp classic I WAKE UP SCREAMING
- Features an all-new afterword by Fisher’s son, Michael
- The Washington Star praises NO HOUSE LIMIT for its "sex, sadism and action."
- Woody Haut, author of PULP CULTURE: "Fisher deserves a place on a short list of influential noirists."